21 February 2026

Third man arrested over holiday park tragedy

A third man has been arrested following the deaths of two teenagers at a holiday park in north Holderness.

Cherish Bean, 15, and Ethan Slater, 17, from Sheffield, were found dead inside a rental property at Little Eden Holiday Park, south of Bridlington, on Wednesday, February 18.

Detectives have confirmed that a 27-year-old man has now been arrested on suspicion of gross negligence manslaughter and remains in custody.

Two men, aged 33 and 42, who were previously arrested on suspicion of gross negligence manslaughter, have since been released on conditional bail.

Police were first called to the holiday park following a concern for safety, with officers and emergency services attending the scene. The deaths are thought to be connected to possible carbon monoxide poisoning, although the exact cause has yet to be formally established.

Leading the investigation, Senior Investigating Officer Detective Chief Inspector Ben Robinson said: “This remains a highly complex and detailed investigation, and I can confirm a third man, 27 years old, has now been arrested on suspicion of gross negligence manslaughter and remains in custody at this time.

“The two men, aged 33 and 42, who were arrested on suspicion of gross negligence manslaughter have since been released on conditional bail as detectives continue to carry out extensive inquiries.

“Significant work continues behind the scenes, including the careful assessment of information gathered, specialist analysis, and ongoing consultation with partner agencies to ensure we establish the full circumstances surrounding these deaths.

“My sincerest and heartfelt condolences continue to remain with the families of both teenagers through this unimaginably difficult time. They are being kept fully updated as the investigation progresses, and specialist trained officers continue to provide support.

“The cordon remains in place at Little Eden Holiday Park, and we continue to work in coordination with the Health and Safety Executive alongside our partners from Humberside Fire & Rescue, and East Riding Council.

“I would like to thank our communities for their co-operation throughout the complexities of this investigation which remains ongoing, and we will continue to provide updates as and when we are able to.”

Paying tribute to Ethan, his mother said: “Ethan was the most beautiful young man to walk the earth. He was generous, loving, charming and kind.

“He would help anyone and was a strong family man. He took care of himself and loved his mum, stepdad, brothers and sister.

“There’s not one person who would dislike him even if they tried. His smile was contagious, and he could light up any room he walked into.

“Ethan, you will always be remembered for the amazing young man you were, and the one you were destined to be. We hope you know how loved you are our boy, rest well and keep the table warm for us up there.

“Cherish was the apple of Ethan’s eye, everyone could see how smitten they both were. She was beautiful, elegant, and made Ethan happy. We know you will keep each other young and safe.

“Look after each other. Rest in peace.”

Ethan’s father added: “I am a broken man without you, son. I will love you eternally, my boy. You were taken way too soon from me. Love you always.”

Police are asking anyone who might have any information that could help with their inquiries to contact them on 101 quoting log number 71 of Wednesday, February 18.

The Holderness and Hornsea Gazette
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.